ENGLISH SECOND LANGUAGE COMMUNITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Opportunity Synonym

Go down

Opportunity Synonym Empty Opportunity Synonym

Post  Vincent Law Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:44 pm

Opportunity Synonym 26800410

Using an opportunity synonym instead of just using the word opportunity is a great way to brighten up your English language usage. Too many times students are taught to mimic teachers “how are you? I am fine thank you and you?” Whereas changing things up a bit adds flair to your conversations. “How are you? I am honky dory thanks, what about you?” “I’m ggrrreeeaaaattttt! You?” “I am just wonderful, how about you?” “I’m OK, how are you doing?”

The word opportunity is a noun and being a noun you will frequently hear an article used before it such as ‘an’ or ‘the’. “I have not had the opportunity to meet her yet.” “I’ve not had an opportunity like this in a long time.” Opportunity means favorable circumstances, time and place. An opportunity can be something or a situation which is easy or good for you. You might be able to score well on an exam because of your experience or earn income easily because of a great product, great price or a large customer base. A situation that might arise could be a job opening where your skillset is in line with job qualifications or perhaps someone is hiring that knows you or your friends or family.

An opportunity can be time. You have not had an opportunity to read the review because you have not had the time to read the review. Opportunities are usually something that you want or would do and you consider it favorable for you. An opportunity is usually advantageous to the person who considers it an opportunity.

A typical opportunity synonym is chance, opening, excuse, contingency, fortuity, good fortune, moment, a break, luck, juncture, probability, happening, possibility as in there is a possibility that I will have an hour to hear your idea this afternoon, befalling, room as in room for improvement, say as in when I get my say, shot as in a shot at the trophy, throw as in $1.00 a throw, tabula rasa, clean slate, frest start, start anew.

Some words that meant opportunity are ease meaning a means to do something. Hint, at the first hint of fear you should attack. Occasion, I have not had occasion to compete on behalf of the company. Break, if I was given a break I would be able to do it better.

Most every opportunity synonym can directly replace the word opportunity.

"I have the opportunity to go to France."
"I have a chance to go to France."
"I have an opening to go to France."
"I have an excuse to go to France."
"I have the good fortune to go to France."
"I have a moment to go to France."
"I have a break to go to France."
"I have the probability to go to France."

With that stated, some opportunity synonyms need sentence structure changes to adhere to rules of English.

"There is the probability to go to France."
"At this juncture I can go to France."
"This contingency allows me to go to France."
"I can start anew and go to France."

The opportunity synonym list is vast and only a few are listed here. Not all words have limitless amounts of synonyms such as synonyms for 'sad' or for 'Thesaurus'. There are no synonyms for the word thesaurus. No matter what word you are compiling synonyms for, try your best to make it as large as you can. The more synonyms you know for a certain word the greater range of English usage you will be able to master.

http://tutorpaul.jorng.com/learn/antonyms/opportunity-synonym
Vincent Law
Vincent Law
Advanced Fluency
Advanced Fluency

Back to top Go down